Tuesday, January 19, 2010

God's Guiding Hand.

Every woman, man, and child is a candidate for making a mistake.
This is because of our sin-drenched DNA.
It's also because we have a tendency to forget this sin-nature,
and ignore the fact that we desperately need God's help.
Every minute, every hour, everyday.
The reality of this world is we are in a battle.
Sometimes I, along with everyone else, forget that--block it out of my mind when times get not so tough anymore.
It's like I've opened a door for pride to sneak on in.
Those who have chosen to follow Jesus have an enemy who prepares for a fight with us everyday.
It's no wonder we are blindsided by the results of our choices, we're in a fight we don't notice most of the time.

But I still have hope and I still try to be on guard as much as I can.

1 Peter 5:7-10 NIV
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

I hang on to the last part when the sadness of this world threatens to overwhelm me. No one is immune to making a mistake that ends with devastating consequences. No one, no one, no one. It's reminds me that I need God's help every day. And that His grace is enough for me.

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life.
Some VERY life changing, but I know that God loves me.
I know that God is going to take care of me. I know this because he says he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones