Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This is Our Temporary Home.

"Old man, hospital bed
The room is filled with people he loves
And he whispers don't cry for me
I'll see you all someday
He looks up and says 'I can see God's face'
This is my temporary Home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This was just a stop,on the way To where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this was
My temporary home
."
-Carrie Underwood "Temporary Home"


That's so good to be reminded of. This is our temporary home. We're going to make it to our real home one of these days...and we'll fall at our Saviour's precious feet. I'm so excited. Really, I am. You should be to! :)

Meditate on these verses:
Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths."
*Every time I pray, I ask God to give me HIS understanding--not the world's understanding, not my understanding (what I want to hear) because I don't want to waste time with God in His Word. I want to gain His knowledge and understanding because I want to know Him more and more. I want to read and learn about what He wants me to learn and know about.*

John 14:6
"I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh unto the Father but by me."
*This just brings me back down to earth every once and a while. There is NO OTHER WAY but through Him. You can't "favor" yourself into Heaven. You can't go to church enough to make yourself go to heaven. If you think this, you're only deceiving yourself. You can't be perfect either. You can only make it through Christ and His blood he shed for you on calvary's hill. This world gets to our head sometimes, but we can't let that stop us.*

Revelation 21:4 NIV
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
*This verse really just makes me so happy. I'm seriously just happy whenever I read it. Because there won't be anymore pain or sorrow, no tears to dim the eyes. That's something to celebrate and look forward to. We're gonna meet our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, face to to face, finally.*

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones